Karyn is playing blog tag, and I'm a slacker getting to this.
Five things folks might not know about me:
- I used to be a Republican. This pre-dates the recent trend against W-style Republicanism — about which all I can say is good grief and good lord.
- I used to be a Libertarian. Probably more than anything, reading Atlas Shrugged as part of the Libertarian/Classical Liberalism undergraduate seminar with Alan Kors moved me in this direction. For some interesting thoughts on Libertarianism, check out Peter St. Andre's blog. The sections on philosophy and politics are a good read for contemporary ideas on freedom.
- I considered being a professional photojournalist. But oh, you have to be extraordinary to make money, and along the way I learned from a National Geographic photographer that they have an extremely high divorce rate.
- I am a descendant of Charles Willson Peale. He was an early American artist who painted the likes of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and created an early natural history museum.
- My grandfather and his wife used to make christmas cards each year.